Jealousy



Here is a little something I wrote as a free write for an assignment.  It’s fiction people!

A friend from work had invited me to lunch at a new restaurant in town. I was excited, it sounded like a wonderful place to take my wife on our fifth anniversary the following week. Five years was one of those milestone years, at least it felt that way. We had been connecting on a deeper level over the last year and things were perfect, so I was anxious to spend some time showing Kate just how much she was loved and appreciated in every way.

The hostess was walking me through the restaurant to the table where my co-workers sat talking and laughing. They were a lively group. I sat in one of the open chairs facing out into the restaurant, my favorite way to observe people. I found it amazing how comfortable people could be in the middle of a restaurant for everyone to see. Like in a car, people act like they are alone and act as if they are unobserved. Best time to watch people. After the hostess took my drink order and walked away. I greeted everyone and half listened to their conversation. Someone had caught my eye. A woman sitting at the bar had on the same dress my wife had bought for herself last week. It was beautiful, red and sexy. Hugged all her ample curves and wide hips, just perfectly. 
I watched as a tall, gorgeous, young man, probably in his late twenties, approached the woman. He hugged her tightly, it made me smile and think of Katie. She wrapped her arms around me, like the woman was doing with the man. She tilted her head up and looked up into his face as he came down for a passionate kiss, too explicit for public, in my opinion. He kissed her jaw and then down her neck to her shoulder. Her alabaster skin reminded me of Katie, as he pulled her dress down exposing her shoulder to his lips, she leaned her head to the side, giving him better access.
The man reached up with his hand and released a hair pin and the woman's chestnut tresses cascaded down her back in waves. She tossed her head and he ran his hands up her back and into her hair. She laughed. I knew that sound. I knew that sound like I knew my own voice. My heart skipped a beat or three as I rose from my seat. My eyes locked on this woman who threw her head back laughing, flirting with this man, bending forward and kissing his cheek. Her hand went to his chest, as I slowly made my way through the maze of chairs, tables, people, waiters. The restaurant was silent, except her voice, her laughter. Nothing else registered in my ears. I walked up behind this couple, slowly, taking in this woman, this woman I didn't know. A woman I had woken to just this morning, who is she? He glanced up as I came closer, and looked at me, no recognition registered on his face. His eyes swept over me and past me to the hostess. He raised his hand in the air, giving her some sort of signal to which the hostess replied with a wave of come now. He said something to the woman in the red dress, my wife. My love, my lover. She moved her leg, exposing her right thigh all the way up to her hip, through the deep slit in the skirt. She had no panties, no stockings, just bare feet in black five-inch heels. She never wore those for me. She would tower over my five foot eleven inch frame. But not with this man, she looked elegant and regal as she swung her body around to step down from the bar stool. She turned and picked up her black clutch from the bar. This giant of a man, at least six foot five, stood next to her, too close to her and smiled patiently as she whispered something up to him. He smiled and turned and took her hand as he led them to the other side of the room. He stopped at the end of the bar and pointed down a dark hallway. She went up on her toes and kissed his jaw and then walked away.
I stood there watching as the man's eyes hit all the key points of my wife's figure as she walked away. He turned back toward the hostess and walked in my direction. I was frozen in the spot I was in. He smiled at me briefly with his bright blue eyes and perfectly white teeth. He was younger than I thought. Maybe twenty-two or so. He was even more handsome up close. His skin was flawless, stubble the perfect length to give him that sexy look that women, Katie, liked so well.
My heart thudded hard in my chest as I imagined this man taking off my wife's clothes, touching her, kissing her, making love to her. My hands were fisted at my sides and as the man passed by, brushing against me as he went I reached up and punched him in his beautiful face. He was shocked, he stumbled back into one of the tables, knocking over the wine glasses and water goblets. Before he had a chance to recover I was on top of him. I landed another punch in his face and felt bones break as blood gushed from his nose. I sneered at him and his shocked look. "Don't you ever touch my wife again." I growled in his face.


©Shauna Marie 2017 All rights reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Mindfuck Series By S.T. Abby

Internet Dating Rules for Women