This is an excerpt from my current work in progress. Doing the final edit. Will be published by the end of the year. Keep your fingers crossed, there aren't any huge rewrites, like the last one.

Mending Hearts
By: Shauna Marie

I had asked him to run away with me. I’d asked him a thousand times, but last night I’d gone to his hotel room and knocked. He pulled me in quickly and looked down the hallway and slammed the door. “What are you doing here?” He asked softly.
“Giving you an out.” I wrapped my hands around his cheeks, pushing my body against his. The way he liked. The whole body hug.  “Please come with me Cade. Choose us, choose me. Run away with me. Please.” The tears started to fall. “Please Cade?” He was beautiful. He didn’t have a clue how much he affected me.
“You know that I can’t do this Soph.” He walked away and ran his hands through his hair, leaving it sexy and messed. It reminded me of all the mornings we had made love before running off to work. He turned back to me and stood within inches. “Why are you doing this to me?” he asked softly, staring at my lips. His eyes, god his eyes, so much pain and confusion there. They shined with unshed tears. It physically hurt her to see how much pain he was in.
“Me? What makes you think it’s me that’s doing this to you?” I shook my head at him. He never could accept the blame for anything. I had always conceded to him, but not this time. This time it was his fault. He wasn’t brave enough. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, holding my head to his chest.
“Why are you making this so hard on me?” he corrected himself pulling me closer. Twisting my long dark hair around his fist, tilting my face up to his. He leaned into me, studying my eyes. “You know that I love you Soph. You know what seeing you like this does to me.” He said kissing a tear off my cheek.
I tried to push away from him but he held me tighter. “Then stop doing this to me. Stop walking away. Stop listening to everyone else. Start listening to your heart.” I said firmly, pounding my fist into his chest softly, as a sob escaped from my throat. “If you love me, prove it to me. Prove it to yourself.” I whispered.
He held my chin in his hand and ran his thumb along my bottom lip. He took another step staring at my lips. I couldn’t help myself, I licked them slowly and let them part. I melted into him, fitting perfectly against his hard body. He stared for a long time as if memorizing my face. Every time he breathed out, I breathed in. Taking his air into my body. He gave me life. He let me breathe. I would suffocate without him. His hands landed on my hips and pulled me into his hardness.
I could feel him hardening. My core was weeping for him, screaming for his attention. As it always did when he was anywhere near.
“I can smell you Soph.” He breathed in that husky, whiskey, turned on voice he used. The one I loved hearing. The voice I couldn’t get enough of, the one that sent chills down my spine.
His pupils dilated, the black overtook the brown. “You know how much I love how you smell, how you taste.” He licked his lips. Oh Jesus, those lips, that tongue. The heat was unbearable.
“Does she do this to you, Cade” I whispered against his cheek, tiny soft kisses stopping at his ear. “Does she make you hard just standing next to you?” I pressed my body in tighter against his, molding my soft curves into his hard angles.
“Does she make your mouth water just smelling how excited her body gets when you’re close?” I tongued his earlobe and he moaned.
“Does she know exactly how to love you, when you need love? Does she understand when you need space, but to stay in the same room in case you need someone to lean on? Does she even get that about you?”
“Jesus, Soph.” he said and brushed a hand through my hair. Fisting it in his big hands he pulled my mouth to his crushing it and drank from my lips like a dying man. His tongue was rough as he demanded entrance. He swept every corner of my mouth. He tasted like scotch and toothpaste. His tongue sliding, dancing, wrestling with mine. Taking everything he wanted, teeth clashing, growls coming from deep inside his chest. I felt his heart beating so fast, so hard, against my breasts. My nipples hardened feeling him smashed into me. He pulled away letting go of me, breathing hard, walking away again. His struggle was real. I could see the war in those dark eyes.
I stepped closer to him and kissed his back gently. I lay my cheek against his warm skin and wrapped my arms around his waist, listening to his heart slow. “Please talk to me. Let’s run away, talk and make love for days. Hole up in some hotel with room service and stay naked and wet for a week. Remember the first time we did that? A solid week of fucking, sucking and loving? God, I was so sore in such a delicious way. Let’s do that again. Please Cade, let’s run now. Let’s get out of here and just run away.”

Sophia stood hidden in the shadows of the darkened vestibule, as the beautiful svelte redhead made her way down the aisle to stand next to her man, the man she loved. Loved with her mind, her body and her heart for the past six years. The man she begged to run away with her. Cade stared into Sophia’s eyes while he vowed his love and life to another woman. It destroyed both of them.   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


When tragedy brings her home for the first time in five years, Cade takes advantage of the opportunity to see her again. Love her again. Make her his, again. Only her current boyfriend has a different idea. Can Cade save her from the sick twisted nightmare she’s stuck in? Will he be in time? 


©Shauna Marie 2017 All rights reserved.

Comments

  1. Seems like a very sexy story. Good luck with the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Now get it published already! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Mindfuck Series By S.T. Abby

Internet Dating Rules for Women