Patience is Not a Virtue

Sunday already. Sometimes life just moves too fast or you just don't quite accomplish all of the things you think you should have, in the given time. I have felt that way on my birthdays frequently. Like I couldn't possibly be a year older because I hadn't done enough to warrant that. What a fool. Time flies whether you do a ton of stuff or sit perfectly still and do absolutely nothing, time stops for no one, no matter how slow or fast we think it's going.

I have discovered a few things about myself lately. First, I am not a patient person. I feel like Veruca Salt... I WANT IT NOW!  Just in case you have no idea what that reference means... you can watch it here on YouTube... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

When I decided it was time for a man in my life, I want it POOF, now. As soon as I find one I like, have an attraction to and feel like they are attracted to me, I want them now. Current guy, Mark. He's a good talker, great communication and thennnn, nothing. Then he calls and everything is the same. I know it's me during the lulls that makes me crazy but I have these ... maybe misconceptions? falsities (is that even a word) in my head. There are the love songs of course... "When a man loves a woman, can't keep his mind on nothing else." The articles that say when its the right one you won't have time to wonder if he's into you or even to breathe, he will pursue you."  So if these things are true and not just the
wishes of the writers, I would say Mark just isn't interested. He calls if I text. He never texts back BTW, outta sight outta mind?  I don't text often, I don't call him. I have told him I won't, that I don't like feeling like I am a bug. If he wants me then he's got to show me. Words aren't enough. TIME.

We've had many discussions on the time issue. He is so busy. Two jobs I think... I'm not sure, he seems to be always working. When does he find time for me or for any relationship for that matter? Why even start pursuing one if you don't have time to devote to it?  Makes no sense. This week he had three days off. I ask what are you doing for your 3 day weekend, in hopes he would say something in the neighborhood of, "Coming to finally meet you." I would have been thrilled. But nope, he took the neighbor kid to buy a car, then changing out his water heater, putting up some things on the side of his house. Lots of time consuming projects going on. I did hear from him on day one of his three days off. That night while he was getting ready for bed, very early BTW. And now we are three days in and nothing. I kind of expected to hear from him last night, but nothing. I guess I just need to let it go. Another one bites the dust? Damn, I sure can go through them quickly. This one lasted all of a few weeks.

And I did tell him last time we spoke, I don't remember the entire conversation, but I remember telling him I really liked him a lot and if he didn't feel the same way, now would be a good time to back off... fuck. Why do I say shit like that?  I guess this is him backing off. Ok, that puzzle solved.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I have a busy one planned. I am finishing my book and publishing on Thursday!  Wish me luck, I see lots of sleepless night in my future. Thursday is important, I'll write about that later.

Hugs,
Shauna Marie

(c) Copyright 2018 by Shauna Marie All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Mindfuck Series By S.T. Abby

Internet Dating Rules for Women