The Writing Process and other News

About the Writing Process

I have barely started a new book and I am so excited to share these characters with you. It doesn’t even have a title yet! Its been a while since I started a new project. I have been in editing hell for so long I forgot about that excitement of getting to know characters and developing the story. Eating breathing sleeping dreaming it all. Really it becomes an obsession and its all you think about. This scenario or that scenario. Your friends don’t want to talk to you because you are only half listening to them, thinking about these people.  I figure the more real they are in my head, the more real they will be to you too.
So a little peek? Okay you twisted my arm. 
😉
Prologue

I raised my hand to knock again. My hands were trembling already. My cock was on full alert as I waited. The lock disengaged, I jumped, actually jumped. No woman had ever made me this nervous and edgy. And she was just a girl. I had to get control of myself or this would never work.
She pulled the door back slowly peeking around the wooden wall between us. Her dark eyes seeking, bright, alive and curious, watched me carefully. I glanced down at her full red lips and stared for a moment too long and it made her uncomfortable. Her pink tongue slid out to wet those gorgeous lips.
 “Yes?”
“Miss Reynolds? Bree?” I asked, knowing exactly who she was. Knowing that she had just turned eighteen the week before, finally. I had been waiting for years for this moment.
“Yes sir.” She answered relaxing a little bit.
“My name is Micah Sawyer, ma’am. I’ve been sent to fetch you.”
She smiled. “Fetch me? I don’t understand. Fetch me for what purpose? I haven’t been informed of this.”
“May I come in? I can explain.” I shuffled my feet looking down at my shoes. If she was smart she would slam that door in my face, lock it tight and run. Some days I hated this job.
She hesitated, “I don’t know you, would you step back, please.”
I took a step back from the door, curious as to what she was asking. She opened the door further, looked back into the house for a moment. I knew no one else was home. I’d watched as everyone left that morning. I waited until she was alone. She stepped out onto the porch and pulled the door closed softly behind her.
She was like a little pixie. Delicate features. She was small, barely 5’2” tall. Tiny hands, tiny ears, slim neck with gorgeous long, shiny blonde hair. She barely reached the center of my chest when she stood in front of me. I towered above her, watching her big brown eyes as she took me in. She wasn’t even aware of what she was doing to me as her eyes swept over my suit and tie. It was the suit and tie, I was sure, that made her feel comfortable enough to step out to me.
I found it fascinating how you could fool so many people into thinking you were a stand-up guy, just wearing an expensive, well-tailored suit and tie. Who said the devil didn’t have style or take pride in his appearance?
She looked up into my face and my stomach flipped. The amount of trust and vulnerability that rolled off of this beautiful creature in front of me, made me want to squeeze her and teach her a few lessons in what the world was really all about. And those lessons were coming sooner rather than later, for her.

Micah Sawyer and Bree Reynolds have a great story to tell…. I’ll keep you informed as I progress. I’m shooting for May.

In Other News
I just signed a contract with an actor for the audio version of Mending Hearts. Bringing Cade and Sophia’s story to life. It’s so exciting I can’t wait. It’s a big project so it’ll take some time to complete. He will start work in May. Is this something you might be interested in? Audiobooks are the way of the future. Apparently, people aren’t like me who enjoys reading a book anymore. It took me forever to see the advantage to Kindle. (Not to mention, cell phones, DVR’s, DVD players… I fight technology tooth and nail!)  They just don’t take the time to sit back, smell the pages and indulge in a little mental relaxation. My friend Akayla Furrows dragged me into the current century kicking and screaming all the way. Thanks Akayla… again.


Dating Life
Yeah well… It’s not going at all actually. The one guy I had been talking to for the last eight months, sloooowwwwllllyyyy getting to know each, well I pushed. I asked if we were on the same page as far as liking each other “like that”. He said, “Oh yeah of course we are. …” Yeah well I haven’t heard from him in over two weeks, since that conversation actually. So I guess not. Why do they have to lie? I am taking a break from all of that, I can’t handle any more rejection right now. I’ll try again later. At this time… I am having a great time with my book boyfriends and writing the perfect man into my novels. Editing creating and making stuff happen.

Come see me over at Twitter… @hugsshaunamarie

Copyright ©2018 Shauna Marie All Rights Reserved



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Mindfuck Series By S.T. Abby

Internet Dating Rules for Women